WELCOME TO LITTLE BARN OWLS DAY NURSERIES
At Little Barn Owls we consider every ‘little person’ to be a beautiful, independent, fascinating, and creative individual with a huge amount to offer the world. We understand the importance of the early years in a child’s general development cannot be over-emphasised. Any experience which caters for the needs of the children, before they reach statutory school age, establishes the foundations of future learning in many areas of human experience. There are four main needs of a child in the pre-school years: The need for love and security, the need for new experiences, the need for praise and recognition, and the need for a framework of responsible behaviour.
- We believe young children are capable of reaching higher levels of learning earlier than some expect.
- We are passionate about helping them to develop their moral compass and encouraging them to become self-respecting, confident and social individuals.
- We think excellent nursery education helps very young learners to become stimulated and excited by the fun of learning through play, which supports a positive life-long attitude to learning and succeeding.
- We know we can serve our children best through a firm commitment to regular self-assessment, training and research.
- We prioritise investing in our staff and realise that by praising, rewarding and incentivising them we will continue to build a committed, happy and overall effective team offering:
80% OFF CHILDCARE
INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL FOR CPD
CHRISTMAS SHOPPING COSTS COVERED
REWARD SCHEMES AND BONUSES
FLEXIBLE WORKING PATTERNS AND ANNUAL
FULLY FUNDED FURTHER EDUCATION
We are a bit different
Our nurseries in Southwater, West Grinstead and Horsham are a bit different. Our forest school nursery in Southwater has its own 11 acre woodland, our Horsham farm school nursery is based on a working farm with animals that children interact with every day and our newest addition in West Grinstead features mini donkeys, a garden orchard, a newly renovated building and much more!
We think a bit differently too. Inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach we employ professional artists to work with children in dedicated creative studios which are called Ateliers. We believe children love beautiful and interesting things, just like adults, so we put lots of them in our nurseries.
We believe in listening to children a lot. We know if we help children work out what they are interested in, what questions they have and what they like to explore, they will be more motivated to learn. Sometimes this exploring and learning turns into children’s research projects lasting many months.
We are happy to welcome visitors to our vibrant and fascinating nursery environments, so please do give us a call to arrange a visit, so that you can see for yourselves why our children and staff are so lucky to be a part of the Little Barn Owls community.
Managing Director, Little Barn Owls Nursery and Farm School